Modelling work continues. As well as some opacity maps for leaves and grass. It’s my first time using opacity maps and when developing games I’ve learnt the importance of not using up the polycount budget. Low poly modeling actually seems a lot of fun so far and it really pushes you to think about the silhouette of the object you’re modelling because of the overall lower level of detail.
Right now the tiny companion character has been modeled with two wings and a tail. I’ve never modeled a non humanoid character before so this will be a bit off a challenge but it shouldn’t be anything I can’t handle.
Still no update on the details of the puzzles from the game designer, we’ve asked for the game design document, so hopefully we can get right into modelling the additional assets this week.